Bookish and Blogging Goals for 2017!

If you have not seen my Review post for my Bookish Goals for 2016 - i link it here

But to sum it up?

I failed. 

So lets give this whole Bookish Goal thing one more try, shall we!

Once again lets list 10 things i would really like to accomplish during the year: 




1. Read through Europe

This is a Goal i want to do because i want to stop reading so many US based books. 
Last year i simply made it my Goal to not read as many US based books. And that didn't really work for some reason. 
So i am being more specific!
I want to read lots of European based books. 
I am not yet sure if i am making it the goal of reading more books from European AUTHORs or simply making it about books being SET in Europe. 
Maybe a combination of both? Maybe see how easy i can find European based books from European Authors?

As i said not sure yet. 
I just want to stop reading mostly about a country that i never even been to and most likely will not be visiting in the foreseeable future! 

Lets hope this more specific plan works better for me!
And if you have European based book recommendations?
Feel more then free to share, please!


2. Read 200 books in total

I down graded the number a bit, but i still want it to be a bit of a challenge, because if not then i will just start to read less and less instead of more. Not sure how that works exactly, but something in me works better if i have a still reachable but pretty high book total to reach towards. 



3. Participate in Read-a-thons

I had this on my 2016 list as well but with a number. 

I didn't want to pressure myself into a specific amount this year, because i have no idea how i will feel in 2017 and what its really possible for me. 
So instead of putting a specific amount of Read-a-thons i want to participate in i just want to participate in some, any number will do. 
If i do 1? Great!
If i do 12? Fantastic!
But any and all participations are better then non. 

I also really want to actually participate in them. 
Maybe Vlog them. 
Or take part in some social media aspects of them. 
I have to see how i feel but i hope to do some of that this year as well. 



4. Read Classics

Once again a Goal i had in 2016, and once again this time without a number attached. 
I just want to finally get really back into reading and enjoying my Classics. So I will be doingg that in 2017. Without pressure or the constant voice in my head that i have to read a classic this month/week/day to complete the number i set for myself. 

Simply reading and enjoying as many classics as i feel like. 



5. Re-read more books

This goal is the last Goal i take over from 2016. 
But it is one i want to really work at this year. 

I LOVE re-reading. 
I love re-experiencing a book and noticing things i didn't the first time for what ever reason. 
I also just enjoying re-visiting something already familiar. 

Added bonus if i can let a few books go because i no longer enjoy them after re-reading them and make a bit of space in my shelves for something different. 

Or if i re-discover an old favourite of mine that i more or less forgot about because i haven't re-read it in years and years. 



6. Request less Review books

Now that one is specific!

I never just requested everything that looked just a tiny bit interested. I always was a bit picky in what books i requested. 
But i was surprised how fast the review books stacked up because i never expected to get so many books that i requested!
So i have a big backlog of review books i want to finally get to this year!

And until i actually have a very manageable amount of review books in stock, i only want to request a few of books i really can't wait to read each months and if i do get them? 
I have to read them as soon as possible so that i don't add to the stack. 
Also if i really want to read a book that should be no problem at all, right?

If i manage to lower my Review book stack to a good number and the year isn't over yet?
Great. This goal is completed and i can go back to requesting all the books i want. 
But nobody gets anything from me getting a huge amount of ARCs and not getting to them until months and months after i get them!



7. Read a good mixture of different genres and don't get sucked into one specific one

I tend to get tunnel visions when I really start to enjoy a specific genre and just want to read ALL THE BOOKS! 

That is both good and bad.
Because lets be honest, getting sucked into something new is always great, ALWAYS!
But after 20 or so books one genre tents to start to get a bit repetitive. 
Understandably so. 
You can only have so many different things happen in ONE Genre. There is a reason there are so many different ones!

So instead of just reading a specific genre until i get bored with it. 
I want to switch back and worth between different things and not have the overload happen that i had happen in 2016!



8. Re-Read Harry Potter!

It could be said that this is a goal already mentioned with the "Re-Read more" goal already mentioned. 

BUT i started to re-read Potter in german in December for the first time in over 10 years. I am currently a 1/3 in the 4th book. 
And i am loving it!
I am having the best time slowly re-reading through the books i experienced the wonders of Harry Potter the very first time with. 

And i want to continue that slow re-read through all 7 books (the 7th i never read in German before and bought in December and can not wait it now!) in German. And then if i want to do the entire thing again in English just for the heck of it. 

I always have a hard time stopping the re-reading after the first go around because i just miss i the world way to much. But we'll see how i feel after the German read through and what i feel like doing after that. 
But for now i just want to read the entire Harry Potter series again and not have any other books come in between that Goal!



9. Complete two Reading Challenges

I am thinking about combining my "Read through Europe" Goal with the "European Reading Challenge 2017" since it is basically the same thing and it is a very easy going challenge where you don't HAVE to read something from every country listed as a European one in the challenge, but rather it is one of those challenges where if you read one book that fits? You did good. 

Of course i wouldn't want to read not only one book, but combining two goals in a such a way surely increases my chances of actually accomplishing at least one of them, right?
Lets hope so!

I am not yet sure what other challenge i want to do. 
There are so many options. 
And i am not sure yet if i want to do a year long one, or something shorter since i do already want to read mostly European country based books through the year i am not sure it is a good idea to combine that list with another list of books that i have to read... seems a bit unrealistic if i am thinking back on my reading in 2016... 

As of yet?
Not sure what the second challenge is going to be. But it is the first January! I still have a bit of time. 
I want to be sure what i am doing in the middle of january to not get too far behind something if i decide to do something year long. 

If you have a favourite reading challenge, please feel free to let me know I would love to see more options!


Last and most importantly:

10. Read and REVIEW! at least a couple of books throughout the year 2017!

This is the easiest and most important goal and is both a Bookish Goal and a Blogging Goal. 
Because i finally want to catch up on all the reviews i did not do throughout 2016 and review the new books i am reading in 2017. 

And while i would love to complete and will try my best to complete the other Goals throughout the year, i honestly just want to read some books. 
I am learning to understand that i can't force my body to do what i would LOVE to do, but have to accept that i sometimes have to slow done for a good few weeks/months before i can actually start doing what i want again. 
And that is fine. 

So as the last and most important goal for 2017 regarding my reading? 
I just want to read. 
No matter how much, or what or where the book takes place. 
If i only manage to re-read Harry Potter throughout the year?
Fantastic! 


If i have the wonderful time i am currently having reading it while doing that?
I will be very happy -even if i will be a bit disappointed by not accomplishing a bit more. 

But i am trying to accept that not everything works out as you plan to. And sometimes plans are just that. Things you want to do, not what you are actually doing. 


And honestly?
I just want one Goal on here i KNOW i can complete without problems! Because it is nice to make a little checkmark next to a Goal!



Alright after that ramble..... 



Lets move on too the two other Blogging/Vlogging Goals i have and hope to accomplish!


1. Post regularly

I want to finally get into a regular posting schedule and hope to do at least two blog posts and videos every week this year. 
If i do only one i keep pushing it back -since that was the 2016 plan and that clearly did NOT work!- but two? I have to do at least one early on in the week!

And i want to prep a good amount of posts and pre-film a few videos to have in case i get to ill to do much again and hopefully will not fall completely of the wagon again with that. 

So with that in mind, if anyone is reading this?
And you have a wish to see on my blog or if you watch a Booktube video from me, and want something specific on there?
Please let me know and i will put it in the schedule i am currently working out and plan to set into action tomorrow (we'll see how that is going to go!)



2. Start to have connections with other people from the Book-world in the Inter-webs!

I always tell myself i will start to comment more, maybe even try to work with someone else -another book blogger or Booktuber- and make up a little read-a-thon or start a tag together or something. Do something to actually get to know at least one other person from this community. 

And while some years start out pretty well -last year for example i did pretty well with this goal for the first couple of weeks and then that flopped rather spectacularly!- but this year i really want to try and finally get in contact with people that understand the love for books and read the same language as i read most my books in!

I really hope i can get my shyness under control and actually do this this year. 
But we'll see i guess. 




Alright... this is it!


All my loftly and most likely way to ambitious Goals regarding Books and Blogging/Filming for 2017!


I would love to hear what Goals you have. 

If you have lots of Reading challenges lined up, if you have no plan at all this year or every book mapped out already!

Let me know, let's chat in the comments!



Write more later..... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: 2016 Reading Goals

Top 10 Tuesday: Books i HAVE to read in Spring